live! or die trying

trying to travel as much as I can, while avoiding a job for as long as I can.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Climbing at Franklin and Seneca - Nov 18-20

Spent the weekend climbing in Franklin/Seneca. Friday we left Lexington Park around 7:30 am, arrived in Franklin at noon, had enough time to do Castaways (5.8), Aqualung (5.9+), and hangdog Super Amazing Sea Monkeys (5.10d). Saturday we went back to Franklin at 10:30, I warmed up Aloha (5.9), hangdogged Birchman's Beach (5.10a), and finally redpointed Blood, Sweat, and Chalk (5.9+). Sunday I took Miranda on her first multi-pitch trad climb at Seneca, we did P1 of Skyline Traverse (5.3), P1 of Kauffman Cardon (5.4), Cardon's Rib (5.4R), then Gunsight to South Peak Direct (5.4). The weather was great all weekend, sunny and calm. All the south facing routes at Franklin were pleasant to climb on, and on Sunday it was even a bit warm in the sun. I kept pushing into leading 5.10s on sport, and finally climbed something I couldn't climb clean on toprope a little more than a year ago. It was a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home