live! or die trying

trying to travel as much as I can, while avoiding a job for as long as I can.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Deepwater soloing at Summersville - day 3 of 3

We checked out Pirate's Cove today, it is a longer hike than Whipperwill, but shorter than the "main" Summersville sport area. There is a waterfall about 30 feet tall that people were jumping off from, I would really like to try it... but it looks scary at the same time. It is safe, I mean, even little kids were doing it. The waterfall is on top of a big overhang, so the landing is as good as it gets. Maybe next time. I didn't take any photos, just swam around and enjoyed the water. I did pull off a flake of rotten rock when I was trying to boulder the overhang. Need to be more careful next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home