live! or die trying

trying to travel as much as I can, while avoiding a job for as long as I can.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

A hangboard, and some bouldering

I'm recovering from a cold, so I didn't do much this weekend. On Saturday Tre' helped me build a frame for my hangboard. I designed it to be a free-standing A frame, the major joints are held together with 1/2 inch hex bolts and nuts, so I can take this apart and put it together by myself. There are seven holes drilled into the support beams, that allows me to vary the angle of the hangboard between 90-degrees (vertical) to about 50-degrees. There is a small "foot board" on the bottom of the frame, I planned to put some screw-on jibs, I can use them to train body tension when the hangboard is at a low angle. Overall, I'm very pleased with how everything turned out.

My hangboard


On Sunday I went to DC so I could pick up an order from REI (the aforementioned jibs and some other stuff), but it's such a long drive just to go shopping, so I decided to check out some of the boulderig problems at Great Falls with Hung. There were not many, and they were all further down stream from the main climbing areas. The problems were ok, some were pretty fun, some were really hard, but all looked rarely climbed, and getting to some of them over snow and ice covered boulders was a little tricky.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home