live! or die trying

trying to travel as much as I can, while avoiding a job for as long as I can.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Climbing at Coopers

This was a 3-day weekend for me, so my friend Tre' (who hasn't taken any trips in a while due to knee injury) took Megan and I whitewater rafting on the Youghiogheny River in western Pennsylvania. But first, we stopped by Coopers Rock State Park near Morgantown, West Virginia, for some climbing.

Megan balancing on A Very Good Climb (5.9)



I'm jamming on Rock City Crack (5.7)
Photo: Megan Dunn


Tre' went to college in Morgantown, his friend Chris still lives there. So tonight we camped at Chris's parents' backyard. Chris cooked us deer steak and fried banana for dinner. Afterwards, we went to a tea place (Zenclay) for some drinks, then played pool to pass the night, and I managed to kick some major butt in pool with my mediocre skill.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You kicked butt? I seem to recall carrying the second game thank you (I'll agree that collectively we kicked butt, beating Chris and Trè three games to nil)

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Boer said…

    Ok, you "helped" in the kicking team Chris and Tre', but you have to admit I won the last game of Cut Throat.

    And the third game, I got three balls in the pocket in a roll, with one impossible looking long shot, and sinking the eight ball as well.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, you definitely won the game of Cut Throat (or whatever you call it).

    But I did your third game trick in the second game; I sunk three balls in a row, the last being the black ball (I was excited).

    (Smugmug is STILL down, very annoying)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home