live! or die trying

trying to travel as much as I can, while avoiding a job for as long as I can.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Camping in Shenandoah NP - Sep 10-11

Megan and I had planned to go backpacking at Mt. Rogers last weekend, but I found out that my new supervisor did not like me taking unpaid leave (during my annual performance review, so I had to work some extra hours on Friday to make up time for our upcoming trip to Colorado. The plan to go backpacking was ruined, we decided to just relax with a camping trip to Shenandoah National Park. We hiked to Hawks Bill so Russell the Peak Bagging Moose can bag the tallest peak in Shanendoah NP; we also hiked Dark Hallow Falls, saw a couple tiny little snakes, a chipmunk, a black bear cub, and a couple deer that were trying to ambush us on the road.

Next weekend, Colorado!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Boer said…

    I bet they were extremely poisonous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home