live! or die trying

trying to travel as much as I can, while avoiding a job for as long as I can.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

China update

Hello all,

After a 15-hour flight, a night spent sleeping (rather uncomfortably)
in the Hong Kong airport, walking around with 90 lbs of luggage (and
everyone starring at me on the street), and catching an overnight bus,
I finally arrived in Yangshuo two days ago.

Life in Yangshuo is good so far. I've settled into a pretty basic, but
comfortable apartment. The weather is REALLY hot, I don't think I've
stopped sweating since I left the air conditioned Hong Kong airport.
But on the plus side, it will only cool down from now on. Last night I
resorted to sleeping on the roof of our building under the stars. All
the nearby karst towers are lit up by the light from the town, it's
really cool.

All my co-workers at Chinaclimb are really cool people. I'm running
into some old faces, people I've met in my other trips, and meeting a
lot more new friends. It's a very chill, very relaxed atmosphere.

For the last two days I've been getting certified by two professional
climbing instructors from Australia, so I haven't had much chance to
climb. But the climbing here looks awesome. If any of you find the
time to visit, I'll definitely show you around.

Hope this find you all well, take care!

Boer




Sleeper bus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home