live! or die trying

trying to travel as much as I can, while avoiding a job for as long as I can.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

The trial

So some of you know that shortly after I came back to the US from Australia, I was attacked while out running in the neighborhood, by a group of teenagers who wanted to take my ipod. The police was able to arrest one of the them, and today that case went on trial in court. Yes, I had to sit in a little witness stand getting drilled by the defense lawyer. But at the end, he was found guilty. The system works! Now hopefully the police can locate some of the other people involved. I got away unscratched except for a bruise on my forehead from a punch, and they were not able to take anything from me, but I don't want these kids think for a minute that they can do something like this and get away with it. The next time, the next person may not be so lucky.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger DakranII said…

    Wow, where did this occur? That is a crappy welcoming back. I hope you don't take the irony of it too seriously. Glad to hear that justice was served...punks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home