live! or die trying

trying to travel as much as I can, while avoiding a job for as long as I can.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas in DC - Dec 24-26

Friday night: left work and drove to DC, Terence had a little Christmas gathering at his house for people who were in town. We watched Dosage III, I got inspired by Sharma on Witness the Fitness (V15), and went down to Terence's home bouldering wall and set a problem called Witness the Phatness. Little pinches, gastons, and underclings on the roof. It's pretty hard... like V4? Went to sleep way too late at night.

Saturday (Christmas Eve): picked up Eric at the metro, then went to Great Falls where we met up with Tom and Hung. We set up on Z-Slash (5.11c), something both Eric and I were working on. Eric finally got it clean, but I still couldn't pull the crux move. Tom left to meet up with some people in the gym, the rest of us moved to Aid Box and set up on PV Wall (5.12a). After falling off every move, and Eric hauling on the other end of the rope, I got to the top, totally beat. Eric and I went back to Terence's house to shower and change, then we drove to Hung's house for dinner with his family, and got totally lost along the way. The dinner was great, afterwards we exchanged gifts, I got Eric some wiregate biners, and he got me the Pilgrimage DVD. We watched the DVD until the metro stopped running, I drove Eric back to his apartment, then drove back to Terence's house to crash.

Sunday (Christmas Day): I woke up feeling like I got ran over by a truck, I was sore all over the place. Terence busied himself with church and visiting with friends, so I just parked myself on his couch down in the basement and played Final Fantasy X-2 on his playstation. Don't ever give me a video game, because my OCD nature made me very easily addicted to things. Terence came home in the evening and I haven't moved since parking myself on his couch. He drove me to Bombay Bistro and we met with Nelson, Sue, and Sue's sister for dinner.

Monday: Terence drove us to pick up Lara, then we drove to Whitetail Ski Resort to meet up with Nelson. Lara, Nelson, and myself were on snowboards, and Terence was on his ski blades. The weather was ok, a bit windy at times, and the snow was a little slushy. But we made some good runs down most of the trails on the mountain. By 3 o'clock or so we were all pretty tired, so we went back to DC, had dinner at Pho 47, then I got all my stuff from Terence's house and went home.

The End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home