live! or die trying

trying to travel as much as I can, while avoiding a job for as long as I can.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Update from Yangshuo

Hi everyone,

It's been two months since I arrived in Yangshuo, and I haven't been
climbing nearly as much as I should. There's the work I'm doing for
Chinaclimb, but there's also drinking parties at night. Yangshuo has
been a very different climbing experience for me, I've never been to a
climbing destination where there are so many parties and so much
alcohol at night. I'm sorry to say that I was slightly distracted by
it all. I had my first, second, and third hangover all in Yangshuo.
But after some thinking and realignment of my goals, my focus is back
on climbing. I managed to flash a 11a and a 11b last week, but it's
probably because the softer grade here. Still haven't send any 5.12s
yet, but I did get some good rope burn while trying.



Colton working on The Axeman (5.13b/c), White Mountain




Jessy on the Missing Link (5.10a), White Mountain


Julian on Red Dragon (5.12c), Moon Hill


Logan on Over The Moon (5.12c), Moon Hill


Logan on Pegasus (5.11b), Moon Hill


Edd on Apollo (5.12a), Moon Hill


Yann on Open Team (5.11b), the Banyan Tree


Logan on Weakened Warriors (5.12d), Chicken Cave


Xiao Sai on unamed 5.12b, Banyan Tree

1 Comments:

  • At 1:37 AM, Blogger kaare.iverson said…

    hello, sorry that I'm using your blog as a question post, but I'm headed to Yangshuo in the next couple of weeks and I need to buy a rack of quickdraws either before I get there, or on the day that I arrive. Do you happen to recall what prices were like there?

    I live in Guangzhou now, and the climbing shop here sells a single BlackDiamond draw for about 180yuan. That means that my setup costs are going to be horrendous...if it's cheaper in Yangshuo, I would rather do it there.

    Cheers,

    Kaare

     

Post a Comment

<< Home